” What can I do that I couldn’t do before?
There are a limited number of things you can now do that you could not do before:
- spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing
- meet one other person from a different household outdoors – following social distancing guidelines
- exercise outdoors as often as you wish – following social distancing guidelines
- use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course – with members of your household, or one other person while staying 2 metres apart
- go to a garden centre
- At all times, you should continue to observe social distancing guidelines when you are outside your home, including ensuring you are 2 metres away from anyone outside your household.”
LITTER PICKING: Under these guidelines, the Officers of the group believe that volunteers can now return to LONE litter picking. NO GROUP litter picks will be arranged until the guidelines differ.
GARDENING: We intend to begin work on our gardens once again. They are badly in need of attention! No GROUP sessions will be planned, but volunteers can work in pairs – or on their own if preferred. Volunteers MUST ensure that any activity is undertaken whilst maintaining social distancing. If you are interested in joining us, within these guidelines, please get in touch via our contact details at the foot of this page.
- Further advice applicable for both gardening and litter picking.
- Please use your own tools.
- Please wear gloves.
- Take along a bottle of alcohol hand wash – you may need to use this if you have to remove your gloves for any reason, eg to blow your nose.
- If you drive, clean your hands before touching your steering wheel.
Please … It is most important that volunteers do not feel any pressure to return. Volunteers must remain safe, that is our priority.
For any clarification, please email: HaslingdenCP@outlook.com
or ring us on 07725 687888